Research and Teaching Interests
Contemporary literature, post-colonial writing studies, rhetoric of hybridity, narrative studies, sociology of literature, memory studies
- 'Border Writing': Literature within the Context of Globalization
- Global Bestsellers: Texts between Cultures
- Literary Text after Publication
- From Literary History to Storytelling around Literature. The New York Review of Books // Cult as Part of Literary Process. Author, Text, Reader. Moscow, 2011.
- 'Regional Flavor' and Guilty Feelings in Arundhati Roy's <em>The God of Small Things</em>. - Voprosy Literatury No. 2, 2010.
- The Uses of Literature and Literary Criticism: The USA and the USSR. // Cultural Exchanges between Central / Eastern Europe and America. Proceedings for East-West American Studies Conference. – Frankfurt am Main: Goethe Universität, 2004.
- Canonical Text as a means of Cultural Legitimization // values, Canons, Prices. Text as Means of Cultural Exchange. Moscow, 2004.
- Myth of a Democratic Elite in the New York Review of Books // Popular Literature. American and Russian Experience in Cultural Myth-Making. Moscow, 2002.